Canadian Pacific Kansas City: First Single-Line Rail Network Linking U.S.-Mexico-Canada

Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP, NYSE: CP) (“CP”) and Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) (“KCS”) announced they have entered into a merger agreement, under which CP has agreed to acquire KCS in a stock and cash transaction representing an enterprise value of approximately USD$31 billion, which includes the assumption of $3.8 billion of outstandingContinue reading “Canadian Pacific Kansas City: First Single-Line Rail Network Linking U.S.-Mexico-Canada”

Pharmaceutical, Pfizer acquires California-based Arena

On the 13th of December 2021 Pfizer Inc, a US-based pharmaceutical company, announced a definitive agreement to buy Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc, a clinical stage company. The value of the deal amounts to $6.73bn, with an offer price of $100 per share. The board of directors of both companies have unanimously approved the transaction. Investment ConsiderationsContinue reading “Pharmaceutical, Pfizer acquires California-based Arena”

Microsoft Conquers the Gaming Sector and Beyond

On 18 January 2022, Microsoft Corp announced the friendly acquisition of Activision Blizzard Inc. The deal was announced as a full cash transaction worth $67.8B. The transaction is expected to be completed by 30 June 2023. Investment Considerations The cash buyout transaction, which has yet to be approved by US antitrust regulators, has a valueContinue reading “Microsoft Conquers the Gaming Sector and Beyond”

Houlihan Lokey’s Expansion in the Eur-Asian Market with a Focus on the Technology Sector

On October 4th, 2021 Houlihan Lokey acquired 90% of GCA’s common stock through a tender offer. The complete integration of the remaining 10% was finalized on December 6th, 2021. Houlihan Lokey made a c. $12.63 per share bid for GCA, resulting in an overall deal value of $595M. Investment Considerations As stated by Houlihan Lokey’sContinue reading “Houlihan Lokey’s Expansion in the Eur-Asian Market with a Focus on the Technology Sector”

Ericsson’s $6.2bn acquisition of Vonage

On 22 November 2021, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson announced the proposed acquisition of the totality of Vonage Holdings Corp. The proposed acquisition is set at $21 per share to be paid as all-cash for a total amount of $6.2bn. The closing is expected in the first half of 2022. Vonage and Ericsson Ericsson is a SwedishContinue reading “Ericsson’s $6.2bn acquisition of Vonage”

Warner Bros. Discovery: the new media giant of $96,153m.

On the 17th of May 2021, AT&T Inc. and Discovery, Inc. announced a definitive agreement to combine Warner Media with Discovery to create a standalone global entertainment company. The value of the deal is $96,153m. The transaction would be spun off into a new publicly-traded company known as “Warner Bros. Discovery”. Investment Considerations As stated byContinue reading “Warner Bros. Discovery: the new media giant of $96,153m.”

National Grid’s £14.4bn acquisition of WPD

National Grid PLC announced the acquisition of Western Power Distribution from PPL Corporation on 21 March 2021. The acquisition was announced as a complete cash transaction and was part of National Grid’s long-term clean energy transition path. The transaction was finalised on 14 June 2021, with National Grid acquiring WPD for £14,400 million. Investment ConsiderationsContinue reading “National Grid’s £14.4bn acquisition of WPD”

Auchan’s $19bn acquisition of Carrefour

During spring 2021 Auchan had made a c. EUR 21.5 per share bid for Carrefour. This follows prior reporting that Carrefour has been negotiating with Auchan for potential business combinations, although talks seem to have cooled off. Per subsequent reporting, there were several possible stumbling blocks, including regulation and differences over the pro-forma ownership. InvestmentContinue reading “Auchan’s $19bn acquisition of Carrefour”

Nvidia and Arm: The World’s Premier Computing Company for the Age of AI

INTRODUCTION COVID-19 has been by far the most significant theme affecting the technology industry in 2020 and as global tech companies navigate through the pandemic, they have been steering the wheels of their strategies looking for a spot in the post-pandemic global outlook. In the chaos of the year, several companies in the sector haveContinue reading “Nvidia and Arm: The World’s Premier Computing Company for the Age of AI”

The Strategic Path Of The Italian Fintech Giant

Nexi and Sia have agreed upon an all-share €15bn merger to create an Italian payment giant that can compete at European level. The Italian government played a crucial role in the deal through Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP), the government’s unit to implement public policy mandates and it is nonetheless Nexi’s largest shareholder. Furthermore, thisContinue reading “The Strategic Path Of The Italian Fintech Giant”